Sunday, October 21, 2007

With all that has transpired this past week; I can't help thinking of the question, "Am I ready if I were called home today?" As I have pondered this question the following are some of my thoughts:

1. Am I keeping the commandments? I mean all of them or am I choosing the ones that suit me the best. Am I keeping the spirit of the law as well as the letter of the law.
2. Do I sometimes judge others more harshly than I judge myself? It seems easier to see others faults than it is to see my own.
3. Do I avoid the appearance of evil. I am not always aware that others are always looking at me, especially my children and grandchildren. Am I being the best example I can be? Do I always do the right thing when no one seems to be looking?
4. Does my pride keep me from being as close as I should to others. Can I expect the Lord to forgive me if I can't truly forgive and forget others transgressions against me? Do I hate the sin and still love the sinner?
5. Do I really know my Father in Heaven? Do I know that he sees everything I do and all I think? Can I be truly comfortable in His presence, knowing He sees into my heart and mind?

I came to the conclusion that I do need to work harder in these areas. I am not as ready to meet God as Debbie was, but because of her example I will do a better job in the future. Thank goodness for a loving Heavenly Father who is always ready to forgive me if I just ask and then do better. I am also truly thankful for the good examples I see in our family and extended family. We are truly Blessed.

3 comments:

Lara said...

Don't we all need to work a little harder in those areas? I think that if someone thought they were perfect in all those areas, they would have a problem...or is that me judging? ;)

Julie said...

Ditto that, Lara! YOU need to work on those things????? It sounds like you're describing ME! I guess we all have something to work on, right?

cheryl said...

Ok did you really write those questions for you, or are they for me and you are just pretending? Thanks, it gives me so much to think about!! I already feel like Debbie has helped in some healing things for me. She was so sweet and loving, I sure would like to be more like her and you! Can't wait until Thanksgiving. I like the backdrop because it reminds me of going up there!