There is a 19 year old in our stake that got his mission call this month. When he opened it there was only a message to call a phone number. When he did, Pres. Hinckley answered and told him they wanted to ask him to serve a 3 year humanitarian mission to China. I have been told there are many being called. I think it may not be long before missionaries will be allowed to preach in China. I can see them calling mission presidents in the near future from those who have served in Taiwan, who have learned the language. Ryan and Eric may want to practice their Chinese.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW! There's a phone call you don't get to make every day!
I can't wait until Ryan and I can serve there. I don't know if you have ever heard Pres. Kimball's vision of the MTC with chinese speaking elders and sisters, but it is wonderful. I am so glad they have opened up China to at least humanitarian missions! I had no idea. YAY!
That's amazing! The work is moving forward!
Post a Comment