This month has been a begining of setting and accomplishing some of my goals for the year. To expand on my painting goal, I am planning a half day trip to pocatello. My friend Jamie's mother is an artist, and I understand a very good one at that. She agreed to give Jamie and I half a day and teach me (Jamie is already an artist too) some of the tricks of the trade. Since I am flying by the seat of my pants, some good guidance will be appreciated. I'll get home thursday arfternoon and have the stake relief society presidency and my ward relief society president come to visit me. Apparently because of our ward conference this sunday they are supposed to visit a couple of sisters who can't or don't come to relief society. Since I am in the primary, they think I have gone inactive maybe. Our relief society president said that they don't know who I am, and they thought it might be a good idea to get to know the bishop's wife. They seem to know the bishop though. I guess I'll have to be on my best behavior. Maybe I should make a treat for them, that would be a nice surprise.
I have given myself the month of March for the next goal to be accomplished. ORGANIZING MY GENEALOGY! If you have seen my office lately you would know that it is full of piles, and piles of papers and notebooks. I have to make file folders for everyone that I have done research on, or have documents for. I have to admit I am not quite sure it can be done in one month, but I am going to give it my strict attention. If I post a picture of the way it looks now(embarassing), that helps me to keep on track, so I can post a neat and tidy office when I am finished.
Monday, February 22, 2010
A Fun Day Coming . . . Stake Visitors . . . then work?
January and February I have also tried to read more. Today I will finish "The Miracle of Forgiveness" by Spencer W. Kimball. I don't think I have ever read the whole thing. I think every one should read it once every few years to keep on track. It has sure helped me get a better perspective of my own shortcomings, and a resolve to not waste so much time (one of my many faults). I spend too much time worrying about what I should be doing, instead of getting started. I also have been re-reading the Doctrine and Covenants.
I have finally come to a time in my life, when I can actually have the time for these things. The saying "there is a time and a season for everything " is true. I never used to have time for these kind of things, when raising a family, and working full-time etc. I have even learned to ask for help, something that I always thought was a sign of failure. A lady in our ward needs to do something for someone else so she doesn't dwell on what is wrong in her life; and I needed help getting some baby blankets hemmed to send to Julie for their hospital project. What a great match. We both benefit!!
We had a wonderful ward conference, and Rex gave a great talk on Becomeing a Zion people. Our primary children were perfect with the stake visitors there. I wondered if their parents had given them sedatives before church, because they sat so still and participated way better than ever.
Posted by
Grammie & Papa Rex
at
7:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Good luck with all your stuff you have going on. I am excited for you to get that painting lesson -
and your office will look so good once you have it all organized. Just think how good it will feel to have it done.
Post a Comment