Saturday, January 9, 2010

One Goal Down . . .More to Follow

One of my goals for the new year was to finish a picture I started to oil paint a year ago. Mind you it's only the second oil painting of my life, and it has been 35 years since the first one was painted. It is really hard to take a picture of an oil painting because the glare is so bad. But here it is for your comments.





9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh it is SO beautiful!! I am very impressed, I got chills just looking at it. Wonderful!

Lara said...

Are you sure that wasn't a paint by number? ;)

You did an awesome job! It looks fabulous! I cannot believe your talent has gone unshared for all these years. Keep it up. I love it!

Tess said...

Hey Grammie!

I LOVE YOU PAINTING!!!!!!!! Would you be able to paint me a picture for my Birthday? It is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!

~Tess

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Tess, I could try. What would you like?

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Thanks for all your kind words.

Kasey said...

Wow! Aunt Linda, you did a great job. I'm still jealous that the artist genes did not get to me!

Hope to see more paintings soon!

JcWy cREw said...

Hey linda for one I love the name Silver River Rats and for two great job on the painting.

Emma said...

AWESOME!!!! I love it! Good job! I love you!

Unknown said...

Wow, You are amazing.Cant wait to see more of what you paint!