Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's been too long . . .

I have been so busy, I haven't had time to add anything to our blog, so I thought I would just update you on our typical week. On Monday I'll work hopefully from 11:15 am to about 6:00 pm. I also clean and or work in the office one of the afternoons we work at the temple. Starting this week we will be working at the temple on tuesday and wednesday. On temple days we get up at 3:30 am and leave for the temple by 4:30 am. We get home about 1:00 pm. Thursday and Friday I should work about 7 hours each day in the office. I usually only clean offices three nights during the week, for a total of about 12 hours cleaning. My total working hours are between 28 and 30 per week. I have Primary Presidency meeting on Monday morning at 8:30 am. for one hour. I still haven't been able to get up early enough to get back to the gym on the mornings we are not at the temple. Maybe in a couple more weeks I'll try that too.

We will get a little break soon, because the Bishop said he might release us from teaching the temple prep classes after we teach one more young man, who is leaving for a mission in June. He said we shouldn't be this busy. I told him we weren't complaining, and he said he knows we never would say it's too much, so he has to.

We feel that the Lord has blessed us so much because of our service, and although it's hard to get up so early for the temple, we love it. We put your names in the temple on a regular basis, so we hope you will be able to feel the love and support from us, even if you don't hear from us too often.

We love you all so much and are so proud of the great people you have turned out to be. Give all of our grandchildren hugs and kisses from us, and tell them all to keep up the great work. We hope we can see you all in July. That is the best month for us because the Temple is closed for the month. Let us know as soon as you can so I can work out my work schedule, to have some time off.

Love and Kisses,

Mom and Dad, Papa Rex and Grammie

2 comments:

Lara said...

You are quite the busy one. You know what they say...Staying busy keeps you out of trouble.

We love you too and even though it is hard for us to see you working so much, we know that you will continue to be blessed.

cheryl said...

Oh, I am so happy to see your latest post. I know you are so busy, what a wonderful addition you have been to Malad. Really, what would they do without you? Thank you for your example of service for us and your grandchildren. We all love you and we are planning a trip for July. Just let us know which week is best for you. The kids really want to go camping and kayaking and fishing. Can't wait.