Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Spiritually High Month-August 2007

We have completed the second Temple Prep class this summer and have had a total of 12 people complete the course. So far 8 of them have been to the temple within the last 30 days. Dad and I spent the entire day yesterday at the Logan Temple with three of our graduates while they received their own endowments. One couple will be married there next week and another couple will be sealed in the Boise Temple next week also, and their baby sealed to them. Three out of the four remaining students are on track. We are only worried about one of them. I think he will attend the temple in the future, since we have taken the rest of his family to the temple. He just needs to work on his testimony. He's a great guy.

One of the young ladies who went to through the temple is in a wheelchair. She is 21 years old and has cerebral palsy. She's been that way from birth. A very smart girl with a great sense of humor even though it is hard for her to talk. She had her patriarchal blessing just before she went to the temple. I have never heard of anyone who was promised the celestial kingdom. It told her that her calling an election was made sure. It is not contingent on her worthiness. Isn't that something?

I started the day by waking up at 5:30 AM this morning for a quarterly Stake Executive Counsel. Home by 7:30am, made breakfast (always a big breakfast on Sunday morning) the only day we can do it. I love to do it especially because dad loves it. I then worked on a 15 minute talk I was asked to give for the Gospel Principles class on temple marriage and what is asked during a temple recommend interview. Dad got to sleep in until 8:00 AM, but he put the finishing touches on his sunday school lesson after breakfast, and he had a stake priesthood meeting at 5:00 pm. Today we also were asked to sing a song with many others for a return missionary during sacrament meeting. Do you kids remember the song (Well Done Thou Good and Faithful Servant)? We started that tradition in our ward too.

There's no grass growing under our feet, they're moving too fast.

This month We have been truly blessed with the spirit. We always pray for you children, that you are safe, healthy, happy, and keeping the commandments, even though we know you are all trying as hard as we are. We are so proud to have been blessed with such terrific kids, daughters-in-law, and grandchildren.

Love to our Eternal Family,

Mom & Dad

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a great month with blessings all over it!! You guys are such great examples of service, thank you!

Cheryl said...

Thank you so much for sharing those experiences. Ryan and I and the children gain so much from your testimonies. You never have to worry about anything else, you have given us what is most important in this life. Your testimonies, service, the gospel and RYAN!!! We love you.

Cheryl said...

Livia says,
"I love you Grammie and Papa."
Tayli says,
"I miss you so much. I can't wait to see you in September."